Since COVID-19 and the pandemic spiraled out of control all over the world, many people were left wondering what they would do for income. Lockdowns happened and people even lost their jobs when COVID-19 was spreading like wildfire and work at home became the new normal for many. With these new ways of living and being separated from family, friends, and even co-workers, some people turned to live-streaming video content from their homes to try and make some extra income. For some people, this worked out well and they had great success and for others, it wasn’t quite a happy ending for them.
Many people get into live streaming in hopes that they will gain a huge following and become successful overnight. This kind of mindset is not what everyone has but some people do have this mindset and the people that do, tend to end up giving up when their expectations are not met. The true reality is that live streaming and content creation take a lot of time, patience, and hard work to become successful and nobody ever gained that success overnight.
Take Ninja for example he started out just as everyone else did, a gamer with a dream and a passion for streaming. He never made it overnight and it took him years of dedication, hard work, and a lot of ups and downs before he made it to where he is now.
Tips for growing on Twitch
1. Have a schedule that is consistent so people know when to find you live. This helps viewers who have watched you before know when to find you again
2. Work on making videos as well as live streaming and upload these videos to YouTube along with links in your description as to where else they can find you and your content.
3. Take advantage of YouTube Shorts and TikTok. Even short videos linking to your streaming page can help a great deal.
4. Interact and network with other streamers, and get involved in communities. This can help you as more people will see you in chats and some will even check your page.
5. Collaborate with other streamers if you are able to.
6. Have social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram and use them to promote your videos, short videos, and live streams.
All this can help you if you stick to it and if streaming and content creation are what you really want. Never go into something like streaming and content creation without a passion for it and never go in expecting to blow up and become successful within a day or even a few weeks. You have to be in it for the long haul no matter how hard things get.
Good things always come to those who are patient and work hard. You just need the willpower to get there!